Last week I was a birthday baby and turned 34 years old. I know, I still look so young and fresh (ha). My day unfolded as noted below:
- Woke up extra early (this rarely happens anymore), poured myself a bowl of Fuit Loops and enjoyed breakfast in bed while the hubby was away and the 1st grader was still asleep. It was glorious!
- Watched a movie in bed (Contagion, I do not recommend this) while working on some illustrations.
- Had lunch at the Olive Garden since BB and the hubster wanted to go there. BB always orders a bowl of olives as her appetizer. It's always a treat to watch the waitors expression as they hear her request. I love that child ...
- Headed to Target to take advantage of my free Starby's drink and was informed that "the Starbucks in Target aren't technically Starbucks, they're really stand alone shops owned by Target and we don't accept any Starbucks coupons". Since there was a line behind me, and I loathe being "that person" holding up the line, I ordered my drink anyway (sans the freebie, boo!) and began mentally writing my poison pen letter to Target / Starbucks.
- Came home after some unneccessary shopping and was surprised to see and hear Mister Softee for the FIRST TIME EVER in our neck of the woods! Needless to say I flew out the door and placed my order then began screaming for money from my hubby and asking whether anyone else would like something too. Hey, you're allowed a little crazy on your Birthday ...
- Ate dinner at a new Buffet in town that serves the following: Japanese, Chinese, American and Italian food. What the wha? Honestly, I'm not a buffet girl at all but it was surprisingly yummy.
- Came home, crashed and went promptly to sleep like the old lady that I am :)